Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Because I'm Happy!

So many things to be happy about this week!

1. It is spring break! Since Joe and I work for the same school district we both have off this week! It's been awesome spending the time together as a family. I hope this week goes by very slow!

Playing with some of his favorite toys

See you later winter! This weather is awesome! 

Hanging out with daddy before our dinner date 


2. I celebrated the birthdays of three very important people in my life; my husband, my mom, my mother-in-law and it was also the birthday of three amazing friends, Lindsay, Sarah and Sarah. Talk about a jam-packed first two weeks of April!
Anthony had the most fun on Daddy's birthday

Out celebrating Grammy and Daddy's birthday at Olive Garden

Happy Birthday Grammy! 

Happy Birthday  Mimi! 

Kisses for the birthday people! 
These are Anthony's birthday gifts to his Dad, Grammy and Mimi...





3. Recently we joined the DCDSIG (Delaware County Down Syndrome Interest Group) and have been to our first two functions in the past two weeks. There have been so many amazing families that we met. I can't wait to develop even stronger connections with the members of this group throughout the years.

Looking cool for his first DCDSIG walk! 


Celebrating our amazing kids! 



Antonella trying to hug on her boyfriend

DCDSIG Easter Egg Hunt- Anthony was not impressed with the Easter Bunny! Look at that lip!

Checking to make sure his girlfriend was okay on the hay ride

these two always are the center of attention! 

young love 


Finding some eggs with Daddy



always a fun time together! 




4. This blog was featured in a digital magazine about Down Syndrome! The magazine, Special Miracles, was the same one that inspired me to start Beautiful Beginnings! I was so honored that Sabrina, the founder of the magazine, liked my World Down Syndrome Day lesson plans from my previous post and wanted to write about them in Special Miracles. How cool is that?! If you wanted to read the article you have to purchase a subscription. You can follow the link below to read more about it. Show your support by "liking" the Facebook page, Special Miracles! There is also a webpage for the magazine, you can check it out here.



The Facebook add for the magazine! While it does say I am a Special Education teacher, I am actually just a substitute for the district. Wishful thinking I guess! 


VIDEO- Joe's Birthday




No comments:

Post a Comment